Find us on facebook

Monday, January 11, 2016

Starman's gone: Bye David Bowie

Never been any sort of a regular or loyal fan (that's my brother) but the amount of legendary songs (from 1969 to 1980 at least, his career is simply immense, almost unbeatable), his ability to keep reinventing himself, pushing himself towards new challenges, his incomparable charisma... I feel strangely disturbed by his loss. One of the finest examples of what the word ARTIST means has gone. Well, let me correct. He has returned to Mars or whatever planet or star he was from. Thanks to his songs, he'll be forever with us here on Earth.

LAZARUS (What a swansong, so revealing, with lyrics and video are incredible!)

Look up here, I’m in heaven
I’ve got scars that can’t be seen
I’ve got drama, can’t be stolen
Everybody knows me now

Look up here, man, I’m in danger
I’ve got nothing left to lose
I’m so high it makes my brain whirl
Dropped my cell phone down below

Ain’t that just like me

By the time I got to New York
I was living like a king
Then I used up all my money
I was looking for your ass

This way or no way
You know, I’ll be free
Just like that bluebird
Now ain’t that just like me

Oh I’ll be free
Just like that bluebird
Oh I’ll be free
Ain’t that just like me



And my favourite Bowie's tune (well, very close to 'Rebel Rebel', 'Space Oddity', 'Young Americans', 'Suffragette City', 'Heroes', ' Ziggy Stardust', 'Life on Mars' and the list goes on)

 HAVE A SAFE TRAVEL BACK HOME. MANY THANKS FOR THE VISIT, 
WE'LL MISS YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment